Facebook Adds "People Talking About This Metric"
I was browsing the Explore McAllen Facebook page (shameless plug what what) and noticed a new feature as I was looking at the stats of the page..."people talking about this" So what is it? “People Talking about this” counts ‘stories” – structured content that people choose to share through Facebook that is eligible to appear in a user’s news feed:
- liking your Page
- posting to your Page’s Wall
- liking, commenting or sharing one of your Page posts (or other content on your page – like photos, videos, albums)
- answering a Question you posted, RSVP-ing to one of your events
- mentioning your Page, phototagging your Page
- liking or sharing a check-in deal, or checking in at your Place
Very cool features for marketers to use, especially local businesses. This helps you accurately track information and what content is or isn't working. Does your brand use Facebook to communicate to users? Facebook is certainly not a replacement for having an actual website, and by the way if you need one designed I suggest Smashbit Labs who designed my beautiful blog, but it is a great way to share content, get feedback and leverage FREE advertising.