New McAllen Library to Open December 10th
It's pretty amazing seeing the transformation the old Wal-Mart building on 23rd street become a first class library complete with outdoor walking trails, a coffee shop, amphitheater and free wi-fi. The McAllen Public Library posted a few changes you can expect to see when the new library finally opens its doors on December 10th.
Both Lark and Palm View Branch Libraries will remain open from November 23 to December 10 (except Thanksgiving Day, November 24) while the Old Main Library is closed for the move.
After November 23, patrons have the following options:
- Renew borrowed items at Lark Branch or Palm View Branch in person or by phone (Lark: 956.688.3320, PV: 956.688.3322).
- Renew online via our catalog using your library card number (P number) and PIN.
- Return materials at branches or at Old Main (via book drop) until December 9.
The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department will temporarily suspend patron requests for ILL materials.
- Requests will continue to be taken at Old Main until November 23, but they will not be ordered until December 12.
- Lark Branch and Palm View Branch will continue to take ILL requests from patrons but they will not be ordered until December 12.
- Any ILL items checked out to patrons will be due on the date given at the time of check-out and can be returned at Old Main (via book drop) until December 9, or at either Lark or Palm View Branch Libraries.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause you and look forward to serving you at the New McAllen Public Library.