Foodie Post: Healthy Turkey Chili
The result was pretty yummy and guiltless! Here's the recipe I used (with my modifications):
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup white Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-½ pound Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 can (15 Oz. Can) Diced Tomatoes, Mexican style
- 1 can (15 Oz. Can) Diced Tomatoes, fire roasted style
- 2 cans (15 0z. Can) Tomato Sauce
- 2 cans (15 Oz. Can) Black Beans, Rinsed And Drained
- 2 cans (15 Oz. Can) Kidney Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin (more To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Chipotle Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon garlic and crushed red pepper seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt And Pepper
1. Warm extra virgin olive oil in a deep stock pot over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and garlic; saute until tender.
2. Add ground turkey breast; season with salt, pepper and chipotle Tabasco and cook through, about 6 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles and beans.
4. Add chili powder, crushed red pepper, seasoning salt and cumin to taste.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low.
6. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve with shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.
The whole process was quick and tasty. It's smoky spicy. Enjoy! Adjust the seasonings to your tastes!