Nationwide Opens New San Antonio Campus
Nationwide Insurance today unveiled a new state-of-the-art, green building in Westover Hills during a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives Joe Straus, Councilman Ray Lopez and City Manager Sheryl Sculley. The facility is home to nearly 1,500 Nationwide associates today, and will be able to house 2,000 total employees, for which the company is currently hiring. “I am excited to see the Nationwide Campus project come to fruition after attending the groundbreaking ceremony last year. This state of the art campus is a great addition to our community, both environmentally, as a LEED Certified building, and economically, retaining existing jobs and adding even more jobs to the area,” said Mayor Julián Castro.
The company also announced grants from the Nationwide Insurance Foundation totaling $92,500 to four local charities, including San Antonio Foodbank, San Antonio Chapter of the American Red Cross, Hispanic Religious Partnership for Community Health and SAMMinistries.
The 280,000 square foot San Antonio campus, located near the intersection of Hyatt Resort Drive and SR 151, features:
- Industry leading safety standards. The San Antonio campus is the first commercial building in the country to qualify as FORTIFIED™ by the Institute of Business & Home Safety, meaning it exceeds code to withstand natural hazards such as hurricanes, wildfires, and windstorms.
- Industry leading “green” standards. The U.S. Green Building Council certifies the building for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED ™). This classification covers water and electricity usage, waste management, tree preservation, the use of natural light and ergonomic design of interior spaces.
- A high tech café,which provides a variety of fast and casual restaurant options. Associates can also order food from their smartphone or touch screen to avoid waiting in line. A status screen alerts them when their food is ready.
- Onsite health services, fitness center, outdoor sports court and landscaped courtyards with walking paths.
- Flexible sit to stand workstations.
The company continues to hire new employees. The new facility will host a "Come Get to Know Us" Job Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 3 to recruit employees for a variety of positions, including customer service representatives and agents. Nationwide is also recruiting bilingual associates to enhance its ability to provide service for its growing Spanish-speaking customer base. Qualified job applicants should visit the careers page of nationwide.com for more information.